Cardamom & Chocolate Ganache Tarts
Sweet and aromatic tarts, with Tea India Cardamom chai.
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cook time: 8 minutes
For the chocolate ganache:
- 4 Tea India Cardamom Chai tea bags
- 400ml double cream
- 6 cardamom pods
- 140g plain chocolate, chopped
For the pastry:
- 50g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Chopped pistachio nuts
How to make
- Place the cream, cardamom pods and Tea India Cardamom Chai tea bags into a small pan. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To make the pastry, cream the butter and sugar in a bowl. Add the egg yolk and beat to combine. Fold in the flour and add the milk to bring the dough together. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan assisted) /190°C / Gas mark 5.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the pastry to ½ cm thick. Using a round 7cm cutter cut 12 disks of pastry. Using a 12 hole non stick tart tin carefully place each pastry disk into the tin. Line each pastry case with baking paper and fill with baking beans to blind bake. Blind bake in a pre-heated oven for 6-8 minutes until the pastry is just golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. When cool remove the baking beans.
- Place the chopped plain chocolate in a bowl. Reheat the cream and cardamom infusion to boiling point. Place a fine sieve over the chocolate bowl and strain the boiling cream into the chocolate squeezing excess cream from the tea bags. Discard the cardamom pods and tea bags.
- Stir the chocolate and cream mix until the chocolate has melted. Pour the chocolate mix evenly into each cooled pastry case and decorate with chopped pistachio nuts.
- Chill and allow to come to room temperature before serving. Decorate with chopped pistachios.