Step aside, PSL! We have upgraded the Pumpkin Spice Latte experience for our fellow chai lovers with this delicious, creamy and warming Pumpkin Masala Chai Latte recipe. Whether you have leftover pumpkins from Halloween festivities or you just really want to lean into that autumnal feeling, make a few mugs of this and you’ll be singing Autumn Leaves while gazing out the window.
Packed full of your favourite chai spices and a hint of chocolate, it’s perfect for an autumn treat. Pumpkins contain vitamin C, E, iron and folate which can help strengthen your immune system, so don’t let that pumpkin pulp go to waste after you have carved your Halloween lanterns.
Pumpkin Masala Chai Latte Recipe
Ingredients (makes 2 mugs or 4 chai glasses)
- 2 cups almond milk (plus additional 1/3 cup for froth optional)
- 2 Tea India Masala Chai tea bags
- 1 cup of fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp of your favourite nut butter (e.g. cashew nut butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave to sweeten
- 1/2 tsp of dark chocolate powder
- 1/2 tsp of dark cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks for decoration
- Heat the milk in a saucepan adding 2 chai tea bags, once hot steep for 3-5 mins for the tea to flavour the milk.
- Allow to your tea to cool.
- In a blender or nutribullet, mix all your ingredients until well blended and smooth.
- Then pour back into the saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat stirring continuously until hot.
- Pour into 2 mugs and top with frothed almond milk (if you’re using), add a cinnamon stick for decoration and enjoy!
If you make our Pumpkin Masala Chai Latte, let us know what you think by sharing on Instagram and tagging us @teaindiauk!