You are Pitta dominant
The pitta person has a medium, well-built physique. You may have fair, reddish skin and sometimes with freckles and catch the sun very easily. You often struggle in hot weather, perspire easily. You enjoy competitive sports and are brave and adventurous by nature. You have a focused, determined and sharp mind and able to perform under pressure. You are orderly, assertive and self confident and make a good business leader and public speaker. You have a strong appetite and digestion and get ‘hangry’ if you miss a meal.
You are witty, joyful, passionate, secretly sensitive and romantic when in balance. You enjoy a challenge and can be competitive and impatient, but can also be demanding, dominating, easily irritated, angry and pushy when out of balance. You are susceptible to acidity, inflammatory issues and skin irritations.
Stay in balance:
- Keep regularity and routine to your day
- Keep your body/mind cool and calm
- Avoid too much exposure to the sun but spend plenty of time in nature
- Maintain moderate level and less competitive forms of exercise. Yoga and swimming are great
- Choose cooling and satisfying foods that have a sweet, bitter and astringent tastes
- Cooling foods include, coconut, mint, cucumber, watermelon, aloe vera, milk, ghee
- Opt for plenty of ripe and sweet seasonal fruits (avocado, coconut, melon, berries, grapes, pomegranate, banana)
- Do not skips meals and eat consciously, do not eat when angry or frustrated
- You should have a strong digestion, so include plenty or grains, legumes, vegetables and dairy (milk, ghee, buttermilk)
- Engage in cooling and mind calming breathing exercises and meditation
- Relax and calm the mind with a cooling coconut oil massage.
- Listen to relaxing music and surround yourself with sweet/cooling scents such as mint, rose and jasmine
- Make time to play, laugh and have fun