You are Vata dominant
Physically, vata types are likely to have a slender frame, and often short or tall with prominent bones and veins. Your hair and skin can be thin and dry and you tend to not perspire much. You walk fast, talk fast, have strong bursts of energy so may tend to overexert yourself and tire easily. You often get cold hands and feet and are generally sensitive to the cold weather.
When in balance you’re excitable, agile, lively, fun, enthusiastic, spontaneous, imaginative and creative. You have a variable appetite, irregular meal patterns and daily routine. Sleep is generally light. You are quick to grasp information but can just as quickly forget. Your mood can vary and your thoughts might be erratic. You respond to stress with fear, worry and anxiety and have a tendency to fidget.
Stay in balance:
- Establish a routine with eating, don’t skip meals, don’t overeat, moderate portions, eat slowly
- Regulate your sleep patterns (get an early night!)
- Have wholesome, fresh, warming and nourishing foods – cooked foods digest best
- Choose calming and nurturing environments (noisy environments can be disturbing)
- Choose foods that are naturally sweet, sour and salty (e.g. ripe and sweet fruits/roasted veggies)
- Opt for warming spices and drink warm water/herbal teas
- Engage in creative arts
- Create structure to your working day and resist distraction
- Stay hydrated with fluids (water and oils)
- Keep warm and do warm oil body massage, relax in a hot bath
- Do gentle exercise/movements such as walking, tai chi, yoga and meditate more